OP2 Beach coaches believe players will dramatically improve all aspects of their game by learning true beach volleyball through our junior training program. Having fun, training and competing on the sand translates to the hard-court; including serve-receive, setting, hitting, serving, blocking, situational intelligence, athleticism, vertical jumping and overall strength and conditioning.
- Our #1 goal is that players have fun! Playing beach volleyball improves your indoor game and physical fitness. When your player heads back to the hard-court, they will be moving quicker, and jumping out of the gym after training with OP2 Beach.
- OP2 Beach provides junior beach volleyball training for beginner, intermediate, and competitive players. Junior players have a blast at our beach tournaments, camps and clinics, as well as private lessons.
- All of our coaches are USAV registered and have cleared through the USAV screening process. Our coaches have years of experience coaching and playing beach volleyball. They have completed many levels of training offered through USAV, including Impact and CAP courses. We love beach volleyball and are very excited for the opportunity to share beach volleyball with your player.
- We believe good character will build unlimited reward. Our goals are to encourage junior players to be outgoing, attentive, encouraging, optimistic, dedicated, resilient, adaptive and enthusiastic in order to help continuously be successful.
- The summertime is vacation time; time for indoor volleyball camps, and clinics. OP2 Beach understands summer plans and we developed our program to be flexible for volleyball families. Training sessions/tournaments are not mandatory.
OP2 Beach is a no-cut program and there are no tryouts.
OP2 Beach 2023
|Tournament Date||Registration Deadline|
|OP2 Spring Jam 1||May 13||May 9|
|OP2 Spring Jam 2||May 20||May 16|
|OP2 June Madness||June 3||May 29|
|OP2 Kaboom Doubles||July 8||July 3|
|"All in the Family" Doubles Tourney||July 15||July 12|
Training Dates & Times
MAY 15 - JULY 13
Training session are $20 per session. Players will pay upon arrival and can pay via cash, check or Venmo @OP2VB.
5:30PM-7:00PM | All Ages
5:30PM-7:00PM | U12/14
7:00PM-8:30PM | U14-18
5:30PM-7:00PM | U12/14/16
Registration is not required to train with OP2 Volleyball. Players just need to show up and pay upon arrival at your age group training time. Players can pay via cash, check, or Venmo.
Venmo @OP2VB, and please include "OP2 Beach and Date" in the description.
USAV REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
You can register to be a USA Volleyball member for the 2022-2023 season at okrva.com/registration.
For OP2 Beach Tournament registration, please visit op2beach.bracketpal.com/signup.
BEACH COORDINATOR: DREW MCCARTY
Drew McCarty is the head coach at Edmond Santa Fe High School. He has 12 years of coaching experience, at the high school and junior levels, and has qualified for USAV Nationals twice in his tenure at Peak. He has previously coached at Edmond Memorial, Casady, Deer Creek, and Cheyenne Middle School. In addition to indoor volleyball, Drew is the Beach Coordinator at Op2.
In addition to coaching, Drew teaches Biology at Santa Fe. He and his wife Julie have been married for 4 years and have 2 wonderful puppies, Maggie and Piper. When he’s not coaching indoor, you can usually find him on the sand courts, working out, or on the golf course.